Pages

Thursday 9 October 2014

A new blog!

So here we go! My first words on my new blog. 

The reason? 

Well, why not? 

I thoroughly enjoyed writing Letters from Coco, my blog about our life in Costa Rica: the trials and tribulations of living not only in another country, but another continent; trying to learn a new language (fairly unsuccessfully in my case, I might add); attempting to photograph the beautiful scenery and wildlife: basically enjoying life on the beach and in the sun ... the continuous heat and blistering sunshine(not that I am trying to make you jealous, honest!) is all but a dim and distant memory now that October and autumn has kicked in (go on, bring out the violins!). 

But all good things come to an end, and for one reason or another, myself, Mr C and the kids find ourselves back in Blighty; leafy Surrey to be exact and ready to embark on the next adventure of our life. 

To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the main focus of this blog will be at the moment! Bit of a concern at this late stage, don't you think? But what I can tell you is that this blog will be about me, a forty-something girl, attempting to become a grown-up! I may well include some fashion posts for the over 40's as I am trying so hard to stop dressing like a scruffy student and dress a little more ... stylish, is that the word I'm looking for? Not sure really. I might throw in the odd book or film review(well my thoughts on them at least) and I shall probably include a recipe or two. Oh, and of course there will be rantings about the husband and kids no doubt! But generally, 'castle and the bruce' will be a bit about my life, loves and hopefully a few laughs along the way. 

To kick off then, here are a few of my favourite photos from the last year, living in Costa Rica! I just love the colours of the blossoms against the intense blue skies. 




Our local beach in Playa Hermosa 


The blossoms in February


Blossoms on Playa Hermosa beach


I hope to see you soon as I would really like it if you came along for the ride.

Love
Stella
xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment!